Friday, February 4, 2011

Under the Knife...

In less than a week I'm having a little surgery. It's something I've been waiting to have done for over a year now (thank you insurance for being difficult) and it's finally time! I'm getting a fibroid removed from my uterus next Thursday. It's been causing me all kinds of pain in my back since I got pregnant with Ava. A few minutes after having Ava and my stomach felt like a big ball of dough (which is pretty gross by the way) my doctor had me feel my fibroid. It was easily the size of softball at the time. Of course the fibroid has shrunk since then, but flares up all the time. I wanted to get it removed a LONG time ago, but when we moved to Oklahoma my insurance was accidently cut off (not my fault) and I went without insurance for 11 days. Who would have thought those 11 days would prevent me from having surgery for a whole year! Well that year is up and although I'm so excited to get it over with, I'm a little nervous too.

Having this surgery has reminded me of how blessed I am. I am so lucky to have a job that is flexible. Staying at home really makes it a lot more possible. I have an awesome mom and mother 'n law who are going to help me take care of Ava for the following two weeks (I won't be able to lift her for 2 weeks), and my sweet husband has promised flowers, chocolate and starbucks daily. Okay maybe that last part isn't true, but I know he will be so helpful and caring during that time as well. I have had many friends say they'll be here at the drop of a hat and I know they would and will be.

So here's to hoping and praying it all goes well. I'm sure it will and I'm sure I'll be doing lots of blogging in the weeks to come since I'll be sitting around so much!

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

We'll be praying for you! I may have to come pick up Ava for a playdate and give you some REAL rest.

The Dodson's said...

I don't know if you know this, but about 6 months before I got pregnant with Parker I had a cyst on my overy that I had to get removed pretty immediately. Luckily I was on my works insurance and was able to do it, but it was still a little unnerving. Mine was just an out patient but I still had some recovery time that wasn't too much fun. And at that point I didn't have a baby or a toddler to chase after!

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you! I hope recovery goes well.