Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chase and Cat food

Ava's new favorite game is chase. She takes off and then looks back to make sure you're going to chase her. It's so precious and she gets so excited. Sometimes she gets so excited she just bounces up and down and claps her hands. She especially likes it when she thinks dad is chasing her.

Ava also had her first piece of cat food. It didn't go over very well. She has been eating puffs and LOVES them, but since then she thinks she can eat whatever she wants. This includes carpet, paper, and now cat food. Yesterday, Ava snuck past me to the cat food bowl. This is the second time she's done this and I quickly caught her and emptied her hands of cat food. I shut the door so she couldn't get to it and put her back down. A few moments later, she starts coughing. Her hands are at her mouth and I immediately know she's put something in her mouth. I tried the finger swipe and failed to find anything. So I just picked her up and started patting her back, trying to get her to stop choking. Talk about scary!! I kept patting her back and she finally threw up all over me and what was in it...one piece of cat food! Yum. Luckily Kelsey was here to help with Ava while I changed from my puke drenched clothes. Awe the joys and worries and adventures of being a mother. I'm just glad she was okay!

1 comment:

Sendy said...

I love your blog! My two younger ones have been there with the cat food. Alex did it quite a bit, but he survived!
Ava sounds so cute and fun! I'm so glad I got to hold her while she was little! I love that you're doing a blog. I'll definitely be following it.
Love you guys!