Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Car History

This is what happened to my car when a Leavenworth citizen hit in in the middle of the night and then took off (a year ago).
It was totaled and although the police knew who hit it, he was no where to be found and had no insurance. So I was carless until Dustin's grandparents let me borrow this....
Minivan! (not an actual pic of the van) I NEVER wanted a minivan until I used this one. Now, I will most definitely buy a minivan in the future. After several months of borrowing it, we had to return it.
I'm currently driving this...

This has been my only ride during the day (besides the times my awesome friends pick me up and take me somewhere) for the last 4 months. I have to say at times I have not been pleased about this, but now that the weather is cooling off and I have a house, my attitude is changing for a few reasons...
  1. Exercise was something I needed more in my life and now I get it.
  2. The weather is beautiful and Ava and I do not like to be inside.
  3. There's a park around the corner.
  4. There's a Hobby Lobby and 7 Eleven within walking distance.
  5. I spend less money because I can't go to Target.
Even though being a family with only one car comes with its frustrations (ex. I couldn't make my dentist apt because I had no way to get there), there are many positives to come from it too. Today I'm going to be positive about it and take my kid to the park.

By the way, I have no idea why the last half of this is underlined...

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm pathetic. I went on a walk today and I was thinking before I left, I wonder if Amy has a park near her house and we could go up and see them. Now I know and I will never be pathetic again and I will call you. By the way, if you EVER need to borrow my car - just ask!!!

Team Andrews said...

We'd love to hang out anytime Erin! Our daughters need to be better friends. And thanks for the car offer, you are so sweet!

Stephanie and Mike Harris said...

We left one of our cars in storage when we moved to Hawaii. It's been a challenging sharing a car esp because we live far out on North Short. You had 5 really good reasons to be walking though so thanks for the encouragement and I'll try to be more positive too!